Smile My Heart,Smile~Louise c. Fryer

Smile My Heart Smile ©2012 Louise c. Fryer















Sunday, August 14, 2011

Postcards from Paradise: SMILE

Little FamilyLittle Family © István Kerekes

Smile

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you
Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile

~Nat King Cole

 

Charlie Chaplin’s “The Kid” with Michael Jackson’s “Smile” accompanying.

 

Story behind this photo from Istvan Kerekes:

The boy in the background is the one on my After Dinner ( featured in a previous post). The girl answering the door is his little sister. The room you can see on Little Family is their home, it is the one and only room in their hut. No running water, no electricity....The father is a shepherd (the mother left them) and he has to leave their children alone every day because of his job. So the two children spend their days together, alone on the edge of a forest with no neighbours. When I think about them my heart breaks because I also have two children and I can't image them living like that. :-(

 

 

 

 In his Own Words:


I have been a photographer since 2007. My favourite subject is The Man. I would like to show the souls behind the faces. Everyone has feelings, everybody loves and breathes. My subjects are usually ordinary people. My main aim is to show their personalities through my images. One of William Albert Allard’s thoughts on photos and photography is just like mine, I truly believe in it: “the good portrait is about the eye, the look, since the human soul is reflected in it the most purely.”When taking photos it is my heart that leads me. After I have tuned to the subject I act instinctively.

~Istvan Kerekes

*image posted with kind permission of Istvan Kerekes
Linked to Postcards from Paradise: Please visit Recuerda mi Corazon for more fascinating postcards and insights.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment