Smile My Heart,Smile~Louise c. Fryer

Smile My Heart Smile ©2012 Louise c. Fryer















Sunday, July 3, 2011

Love’s Journey

Namib1
Mother & Child ~ Himba tribal group Namibia, Africa
 ©2003-2007Alastair McNaughton
Photographer Notes:  A young Himba woman from Northern Namibia, Africa nurtures a small child.
  
The minute I heard my first love story,

I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that wastrans. by Coleman Barks

 
Namib2
Sultry ~ Himba tribal group Namibia, Africa © 2003-2007
Alastair McNaughton Photographer. 
Photographer’s Notes:  A Himba woman from Northern Namibia, Africa.

Your love lifts my soul from the body to the sky
And you lift me up out of the two worlds.
I want your sun to reach my raindrops,
So your heat can raise my soul upward like a cloud.
~Rumi
From Thief of Sleep
trans. by Shahram Shiva
 
 
About - Alastair McNaughton
Australian Photographer
Alastair McNaughton's passions are people, travel and photography. Born in England in 1949, he now resides in Fremantle in Western Australia (just south of Perth WA).
Alastair's love of travel and getting to know indigenous peoples culture has led him all over the world.
Photography is the perfect medium for Alastair's creativity and has led to many major photographic awards & prizes.

Alastair McNaughton
Photographic Equipment
The Cameras used for the Photography presented in these Original Photographic Art Prints were NIKON F3 & FM2 with prime lenses 24mm/ 35mm/ 105mm Nikkor lenses.
The film stock used is T-Max 100asa & 400asa.
Alastair doesn't work with a flash, preferring natural light. As a photographer, he practices extreme patience and uses film sparingly, awaiting opportunities to capture an experience perfectly.

~ Images Posted With Kind Permission of the Photographer.
~linked to Postcards from Paradise with Recuerda mi Corazon.
























No comments:

Post a Comment